Improving The System
L believe bureaucracy hurts progress and innovation, stifling new ideas and taking up individual energy that can be better used to help us grow. We will work to improve the system at the University of Iowa in every place we can identify.
- Replace paper forms with electronic versions in every circumstance. We will encourage the university to follow suit, eliminating paper wherever possible, reducing associated costs, saving time, and improving sustainability.
- Make the student organization recognition process online, so that groups wishing to begin a new student organization can complete their requests without using paper, ink, or extra time delivering forms.
- Ensure that student organizations are recognized in a timely manner and in accordance with the rules set in the PSGI constitution. Specifically, we will appoint an officer of the University of Iowa Student Government to be in charge of overseeing applications for new student organizations, and ensuring that they are handled properly.
- Work towards allowing after-deadline class schedule changes with fewer paper forms. It would be more efficient for students to email their professors and advisors about their changes in some circumstances, such as adding an honors studies class, and then having their professors and advisors login to an electronic system to approve these changes.
- Give student government organizations, such as Associated Residence Halls, the ability to post posters and notifications on university bulletin boards in their respective jurisdictions without need for prior approval as long as they comply with the disability statement requirement and would be otherwise acceptable (not offensive or copyrighted material).