will reform the process by which student organizations are recognized by the University of Iowa Student Government. We will work to ensure that student organization applications are handled in a fair, timely manner in accordance with the rules set.
- Make the entire recognition process online, allowing groups wishing to begin new student organizations to complete their requests without using paper, ink or extra time delivering forms.
- Ensure that student organizations are recognized in a timely manner and in accordance with the rules set in the PSGI constitution. Specifically, we will appoint an officer of the University of Iowa Student Government to be in charge of overseeing applications for new student organizations, and ensuring that they are handled properly.
will review every aspect of the funding process for student organizations. We will improve the process to make it easier, ensuring that student organizations are funded in a fair manner.
- Ensure that student organizations that have the most valid need for funds receive them first.
- Add space in the online funding request system to allow requesters to provide additional information with their funding requests for special projects that might fall out of the normal expected categories of funding requests.
- Evaluate the amounts allocated to each student organization, and ensure that student organizations with the best needs get the maximum amount of funding.
- Go through the budget's of UISG line by line, increasing funding for things that work, and improving things that have fallen behind.
- Let student organizations track their accounts and funding completely online.