L believes that having a safe and secure campus is extremely important for the well being of our students. We will work to ensure that safety issues are a priority, and that all students can be safe on our vast campus.
- Continue work towards establishing permanent, late night bus routes for Friday and Saturday nights. will focus especially on areas such as east of campus, or Parklawn, where students particularly need them.
- Work to get more blue emergency lights on campus. Currently there are only 22 on our sprawling campus, which leaves many ares even more dangerous.
- Work to improve lighting in the darkest, most dangerous areas of campus, such as the northernmost walkway over the river.
- Work to increase funding towards safety in general, which can help to get more patrols, security cameras, or whatever might work best to improve safety on campus.
- Offer subsidized cab service for UI students, allowing them to travel safely home late on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday nights.