L believes that recycling is important if we want to preserve our planet and our environment. As a member of the recycling committee in Associated Residence Halls, L supported efforts to improve recycling in the residence halls and will continue these efforts and more as President.
- Ensure that we have recycling facilities for, at minimum, both aluminum cans and newspapers in each residence hall.
- Work towards getting pop bottle, paper, and newspaper recycling in every other floor of each of the main buildings on campus.
L has consistently worked to reduce waste in all our programs. L worked with the advisor of Associated Residence Halls and the Financial Director to replace paper funding requests with an electronic system.
- Work with the residence halls to expand a program that turns off half of the lights in residence hall hallways at night, to prevent wasted energy and save money.
- Replace paper documents with electronic ones in every circumstance. We will encourage the university to follow suit, eliminating paper wherever possible and reducing associated costs.
- Work towards installing as more motion-detecting lights in all campus buildings, so that lights are not left on in indiscriminately.