L believes that accountability is important when trying to have an efficient government. We will work to make ourselves held more accountable and to higher standards.
- Post minutes and agendas of all University of Iowa Student Government meetings online for immediate public review and knowledge.
- Annually publish a review of where money has been spent from our government.
L believes that having a government that can communicate best with the people it represents can be the most effective and efficient government.
- Have the President and Vice-President blog about their plans, ideas, and progress in meeting goals.
- Change our office hours to better fit the availability of students, by opening our office at more times later in the evening.
- Allow students the chance to vote on the priorities for their student government. We will implement an online system that allows students to tell their student government which issues they think should be a priority for our administration.
- Use cutting-edge technologies to create a new level of transparency, accountability and participation in our government.
- Encourage weekly YouTube broadcasts of senate meetings, and audio Podcasts from the Executive Office.
- Require Executive Officers reach out to student organizations by attending their meetings and listening to the ideas of their members.